Landa Park Aquatic Complex
2020 SEASON OPENING DELAYED
The Landa Park Aquatic Complex has delayed summer operations due health and safely reasons related to COVID-19.
Address: 350 Aquatic Circle, New Braunfels, TX 78130
Cash, Check, VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express are accepted. Refunds will not be given for entry fees.
Refunds & Bad Weather Refunds will not be given for any reason, including bad weather. In the event of a bad weather closure, rain checks will only be given if facility is closed for the remainder of the day.
Special Entry Days On Mother's Day and Father's Day, moms and dads (respective to the holiday) will receive FREE entry to the Landa Park Aquatic Complex when they accompany their families to the pool.
During open hours, we utilize an in-water manikin to audit our lifeguard staff to ensure they are providing adequate safety services for our guests. If you see this manikin in the water or as part of a drill, please leave him alone and do not be alarmed – this is part of a drill used to ensure your safety.
Coach E.E. "Bud" Dallmann Olympic Pool This 25yrd x 50m pool is named in honor of the Landa Park Dolphins Head Coach for over 50 years, Bud Dallmann. The pool depth varies between 4 and 7ft deep with dedicated lap lanes available during open hours. The Landa Park Dolphins Swim Team calls this pool home and hosts the TAAF Regional Meet annually. Access to this pool is possible by a 4 foot wide step entry and a handicap lift.
This historic body of water is fed by the Comal Springs and stays a constant 72 degrees year round. Built in the early 1900s, it is one of the oldest and most historic bathing pools in Texas. This pool varies in depth from 0 to 9ft deep and features a shallow end with mushroom fountain and 10ft tall water slide, and in the deep end an overhead cargo net for climbing, rope swing, and a 2 story tall Wet Willie slide.
Zero Depth Pool
The pool varies in depth from 0 to 2.5ft deep and is an ideal body of water for patrons under 5. It features a 5ft tall slide and a mushroom fountain for their enjoyment.
- Lifeguards must be obeyed at all times.
- Patrons must follow posted pool rules that are applicable at each facility.
- Running is prohibited.
- All patrons must wear swim suits while swimming in the pools. Street clothes are not permitted in the pools.
- Children 9 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian 18 years of age or older.
- It is strongly encouraged that all swimmers shower before entering the pool.
- Swim diapers must be worn by diaper-wearing patrons.
- Food, drinks, and gum are not permitted in the pool or on the deck area immediately surrounding the pool.
- Smoking, tobacco products, alcohol, glass, grills and Styrofoam products are prohibited.
- Persons under the influence or in possession of alcoholic beverages and/or narcotics will be ejected from the facility.
- Swimmers are not allowed to hang onto or play on lane lines, lifeguards stands, swimming blocks, swim lesson platforms, or any other pool equipment.
- Horse/rough play, dunking, water fighting, sitting or hanging on another person’s shoulders or pushing other swimmers into the pool is not permitted.
- Swimmers are not allowed to run or flip from the edge of the pool.
- Diving is permitted only in designated areas.
- The lap lanes are reserved for lap swimming only.
- Animals/pets are prohibited.
- Abusive or profane language is prohibited.
- No person may teach swimming, diving, or conduct any aquatic group activity, in a municipal pool, without approval from the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Each pool will be temporarily closed to further admissions when maximum capacity is reached.
- It shall be prohibited for anyone to swim in a municipal pool when:
- The pool is not open to the general public.
- The pool is not staffed with a full complement of City lifeguard personnel.
- The pool is reserved for a private pool party and City lifeguard personnel are not on duty.
- The pool is being used by a group or organization, without written agreement with the City, or without mature supervisory personnel on duty.
- Any person known or suspected of being infected with any transmissible condition of a communicable disease shall be excluded from the pool.*
- *Texas Sanitation and Health Protection Law- Swimming Pools and Bath Houses, codified in Vernon’s Civil Statutes, Art. 477-1, with amendments.
- No person, patron, or non-patron may interfere with an emergency rescue, administering of emergency first aid or resuscitation, or other emergency procedures. It shall also be prohibited for anyone to falsely summon emergency rescue or first aid equipment for any purpose other than an actual emergency.
- It shall be mandatory that patrons and spectators heed and obey emergency or directives of all pool personnel (Manager, lifeguard, etc). At such times when regularly scheduled aquatic activities are not in progress, swimming pool maintenance personnel shall be vested with the responsibility and authority of directing and controlling anyone attempting to use or misuse any municipal swimming facility.
- No vehicles other than emergency rescue or ambulance will be allowed to park in the zone so designated.
- Height restrictions will be enforced on the Wet Willie Slide (>48 inches) and Rope/Zip (>54 inches).
- Only one person is allowed on each attraction, at a given time. Patrons must wait behind the designated line. No street clothes, flotation devices, swim toys, masks, or goggles are allowed on the attractions. Sliders must proceed feet first, on their back.
- If defecation, urination, vomiting, or other bodily fluids occurs in the pool, it will be closed for proper sanitation.
- If mechanical problems occur the pools will be shut down.
- The aquatic staff has complete responsibility and authority to maintain order and safety in the facility. Management has the right to remove anyone from the facility.
Wet Willie Slide Rules
- You must be at least 48” tall to ride this attraction.
- There is a 250 lb weight limit on this attraction.
- Only one person at a time. No double riders.
- Please stand behind the line until given permission by staff to enter.
- Proper riding position-legs crossed at ankles, arms crossed over chest.
- This ride is not recommended for weak swimmers.
- You must go down the slide feet first only.
- Please exit the landing pool immediately.
- Proper swim wear required; no shirt, no shoes, no lifejackets.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in personal injury and expulsion from the facility.
Kiddy City Slide Rules (Shallow End of Springfed)
- Remain on the steps until a staff member calls for you.
- Do not participate in this attraction if you are more than 60” tall.
- Only one person allowed on slide at a time.
- Slide feet first. Do not reach over the sides.
- Exit the landing area immediately.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in personal injury and expulsion from the facility.
Zero Depth Pool Rules
- Generally, no child over 5 years of age is to be permitted in this pool. It is a baby pool and shall be restricted primarily for this use.
- The Zero Depth Pool guard is not to be used as a babysitter at any time. Guards shall not permit parents/guardians to leave children unattended.
- Children should be within arm’s reach of a competent adult.
- No diving.
- One person at a time on the slide.
- Ride feet first on back.
Group and Private Swim Lessons are available during the summer at the Landa Park Aquatic Complex (LPAC) and year round at Das Rec, New Braunfels Recreation Center! Check out what we have to offer in our Fun Things In Life Program Guide.
Don’t be afraid of the water or left behind when your friends jump in the deep end of the pool! Come learn the skills you need to stay safe and enjoy your time in the water. Our swim lessons use the nation’s most utilized curriculum, the American Red Cross Learn to Swim program, to help students overcome their fear of the water and learn the skills they need for lifelong enjoyment of the water.
Private swim lessons are offered with a 1:1 ratio for students. This is ideal for anyone who wants a more customized experience for children, teens and adults. Please call the facility for more information.
Swim Lessons at LPAC - Important Facts to Know:
- Format: All group lessons run for 2 week sessions from Tuesday-Friday (a total of 8 sessions) with 6 of 8 lessons guaranteed. See table below for times and availability of lessons for each session.
- Bad Weather: In the event of a bad weather cancellation, we will do our best to call you ahead of time to inform you of any cancellation. You may also call the pool at 830-221-4360 to ask about any cancellations. The 2nd Monday of a session is reserved as a make-up day for bad weather cancellations. We only guarantee 6 lessons.
- Parent Orientation: Parent’s are encouraged to come to an optional orientation the Monday before the start of a new session from 6-7pm at the Aquatic Complex. This meeting is for parents to learn more about the program, have their questions answered, and get to speak with an instructor.
- Cost: $45 per student per session
- Refunds & Cancellations: See our registration form for this information (2nd page).
- Skill/Level Placement: Please review the American Red Cross Learn to Swim fact sheet for each level below to help place your child in the correct level. The following age requirements are required by the American Red Cross no exceptions.
Group Lesson Information
|Parent / Child ***||45 mins||1:10||6 - 48 months||American Red Cross|
Learn to Swim
Parent/Child Skills List
Preschool Skills List
Levels 1-5 Skills List
|Pre-School||45 mins||1:6||4 - 5 years|
|Level 1||45 mins||1:6||6 - 12 years|
|Level 2||45 mins||1:6||6 - 12 years|
|Level 3||45 mins||1:8||6 - 12 years|
|Level 4 & 5||45 mins||1:10||6 - 12 years|
*Instructor to student ratio.
** These lists represent a general idea of what is taught – lessons are customized to the needs of the students.
*** A parent must accompany their child in the water for this lesson.
Landa Park Dolphins Swim Team
The Landa Park Dolphins swim team has been a part of the LPAC for 58 years! The Landa Park Dolphins are a competitive summer swim team for all ages. For more information about the team and tryouts, please visit their website www.landaparkdolphins.org