We Are Moving!
Effective September 26, 2016, we will be moving to:
550 Landa Street, New Braunfels, TX 78130.
Our phone and fax numbers will remain the same.
The mission of the Municipal Court is to provide the citizens of New Braunfels a judicial system dedicated to the principles of fair and impartial justice administered with respect and equality while providing a high level of integrity, professionalism and customer service.
The Municipal Court is located off of exit #187 from IH 35, we are located next to the New Braunfels Police Department. Court parking is available in front of both buildings and there is access for the physically handicapped.
For your convenience, if you want to pay your fine or to provide any documents to the court, there is a 24-hour drop box located in front of our office doors. Be sure to provide your name, address, phone number and citation number on any documents and correspondence. Do not leave cash in the night drop.
Notice: Nothing contained on this site is intended as legal advice. You may wish to consult an attorney before deciding which option is appropriate for you.
- The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over class C misdemeanors, which are punishable by fine only; offenses occurring within the city limits that are violations of city ordinances or violations of a state statute
- The New Braunfels Municipal Court does not provide or give legal advice.
- You have the right to appear in court and contest the charge filed against you and you have the right to a jury trial
- If you decide to appear in person, your appearance should not be made before 5 business days after receiving your citation as this allows the Court time to process the citation and make it available when you appear at the Court.
- Anyone under 17 years of age must appear in person before the Judge and must be accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian.
- Anyone under 21 year of age, but over 17 years of age, that is charged with an alcohol offense must appear in person before the Judge.
- A telephone call does not constitute an appearance and continuances are not granted by telephone.
- Convictions for moving violations are reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- If you do not appear in court or make payment on or before the court date on your citation, an additional charge of failing to appear may be filed against you and a warrant will be issued for your arrest.
- If you need to change your contact information with the court, please use this form.
Change of Address Form
- NOTICE: RIGHT TO DISCOVERY
You have the right to request from the State (prosecutor) all documents, items, and information regarding your case that is in the possession of the State; and, the State is required to provide you with the documents, items and information requested. YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO DISCOVERY WHEN YOU PAY THE FINE.