City Recycle Center
The City Recycle Center is available for all community members to bring material for recycling, including apartment dwellers, businesses, and visitors.
- Flatten boxes, rinse containers, and bring items loose in a container, such as an 18-gallon bin or storage tote.
- Bringing items in a black trash bag is NO LONGER permitted. If you must use a bag, put recycling in a clear plastic bag. DO NOT use city-provided green waste paper bags to bring items.
- Secure shredded paper in a small paper bag and staple it shut.
- If you miss your curbside recycling collection, we cannot accept items in your recycling cart. Bring them in an 18-gallon tote or bin.
- Green Waste is NOT accepted.
- Materials may be rejected based on quantity, quality, and/or contamination.
- No trailer loads of materials are allowed.
- Plastic foam, commonly called Styrofoam, is accepted for drop-off, but it must be separate from other recyclables. Click here for more information before bringing items for drop-off.
What Can I Bring for Recycling?
View a printable PDF of this information.
|• Plastic containers #1-7, less than 5-gallon, lids on
• Clean, dry paper: cardboard, newspaper, magazines, junk mail, catalogs, cereal boxes, phone books, etc.
• Glass bottles and jars
• Aluminum cans and bottles
• Steel and tin: food and beverage cans
• Shredded paper in a paper bag, stapled shut
• Dairy and juice cartons
|PLASTIC FOAM #6|
|Clean and dry, commonly called Styrofoam
Click here for more information
|Flattened, clean and dry
|Items that are mostly metal, such as:
• Appliances, without Freon
| • Lawn mower, without fluids
• Water heater (emptied)
• BBQ grills
|DO NOT BRING ANY OF THESE:|
Foil containers, baking tins
|Plastic bags / wrap / film
Cups, plates, utensils
|Tissues, paper towels napkins
Wax coated paper products
Coated paper bags
Cups, plates, utensils
|Appliances with Freon
Items with fuel or liquids still in them
Green Waste: brush, leaves, trimmings
Items in Green Waste bags
Feed bags or pet food bags
Holiday Tree Mulching
For a limited time after Christmas, natural Christmas trees (free of flocking and decorations) can be dropped off at the City Recycle Center. View info flyer.
December 26 – January 12Drop-off your natural trees at the City Recycle Center.
January 2 – January 12Pick-up free holiday tree mulch at the City Recycle Center.